Please Take a minute to review the test below:
1. If you have white buildup on your faucets or countertops you probably have hard water. These deposits of limestone and chalk which are largely made up of calcium and magnesium carbonates.
2. If you have greenish-blue stains on your sink or in your bathtub your water may have a low pH level.pH is a measure of how much acidity water has. The lower the pH your water has, the more acidic it’s become.Acidic water is extremely corrosive and behaves very aggressively – it’s quite literally “hungry” and looking for something to satisfy its intense hunger.
3. If your dishwasher leaves spots on your glasses you most likely have hard water.These deposits of limestone and chalk which are largely made up of calcium and magnesium carbonates.
4. If you have red or brown rings in your sink, toilet, or bathtub it is a clear indication that you have iron in your water.Iron is in the soil and often dissolves iron in the sediment and bedrock, which then seeps into aquifers and runs into streams and lakes. Water can also pick up iron in pipes. Thus, iron in the residential water supply is a common problem many consumers face.
5. If you have black buildup on your faucets or shower heads it is a sign that you have calcium and magnesium in your water.Calcium and magnesium in water leave hard deposits — called lime scales — on fixtures and equipment.
6. If there any odor in your water, specifically your hot water it is usually caused by anaerobic bacteriaAnaerobic bacteria that exist in some water and react with the magnesium and aluminum sacrificial anodes that come with most water heaters to produce hydrogen sulfide gas, making the classic rotten egg odor. The problem is most common in well systems, either private or municipal.
7. If your shower leaves your skin dry and flaky it means you most likely have calcium in your water.If you are concerned about the water that your family is drinking, you can schedule an in-home water test by clicking the link below and we’ll come and test it out for you for FREE!